Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Lion Cub Card

Hey everyone! I feel like I make so many cards, I don't ever have time to post them! Sorry about the delays :)

So this card is based off of the lion king. 
The lion cub was an svg that I purchased at ppbndesigns.com 

The paper that I used for the cub is the Recollections brand that can be bought at Michael's. Now when you look at this file you might panic and think "I don't have all the colors I need!!!" - don't panic! 

For this cub, he had a bunch of layers but I only had so many colors of paper that I could use. So I used a black, brown, beige, cream and pink; and I made some layers the same color. 

Another good tip I have for cuts that might have similar colors but you don't have the shades you need: line it all up in design space.. Make some pieces the same color. Cut it out in the same color. But maybe use a watermark pen on one piece to make it a shade darker than the other.

The background paper was a gift, I honestly don't know where it came from.

The phrase was a quote from the movie that I added in. I used a Staedler Triplus Fineliner in brown to write the phrase in the font "American Dull".


Any questions? Let me know!

Logan 

No comments:

Post a Comment